[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  neotjah <neo dash dump at xs4all dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Upgrade to PHP5
 Date:  Sat, 17 Jul 2004 19:23:32 -0400
I dont understand why you would need SQL or SQLlite on a firewall for any
reason, even development. If you want to write pages that display some pretty
data from a SQL database, send your logs to a syslog server and parse from
there. Then code a page that will grab that data and display it.

Quoting neotjah <neo dash dump at xs4all dot nl>:

> That is very true, however the webserver could also be abused to serve some
> of my own pages. And php + sql is a very handy combination to develop
> webpages.
>
> Sander

Chet Harvey
Protecting your Digital Assets