[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Eglington" <aeglington at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  allow fragmented packets
 Date:  Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:56:53 +1000
Problem:
While using QTracker to browse a list of available game servers, many
servers that are known to be 'up' do not display, however they are
ping/tracert-able.

When I investigate the m0n0 logs it appears that their packets are being
dropped because of fragmentation:
10:30:21.999866 rl0 @0:17 b [GameServerIP] -> [MyLANIP] PR udp len 20 (595)
frag 575@1480 IN

As a test I tried adding a rule to allow everything from this server
through, fragmented or not:
WAN interface
TCP/UDP  [GameServerIP]  *  LAN net  *  TestRule
and "allow fragmented packets" for this rule IS ticked.

But still no joy.
Any ideas why?

Love Movies? You'll love HomeScreen. Rental DVDs - no late fees!  Go to:
http://www.ninemsn.homescreen.com.au/account/freetrial/?.promo=9msn_hotmail_
tagline