[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Quark IT - Hilton Travis" <hilton at quarkit dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] File explorer
 Date:  Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:48:03 +1000
Hi All,

I agree totally.  If someone sees a "feature" they think should be in
m0n0wall, and has the ability to hack it in, then why not develop it as
a module, so that those who want to use it can, and those that don't
want it don't have to have it.  Quite simple, and Manuel has provided a
basic module interface.

Personally, I'd like to see a more developed module interface that will
allow the easier addition and removal of a module from a running
m0n0wall (not CD-based, obviously) or a downloaded m0n0wall image (ISO
or otherwise) so that custom images (CD and other) can be created.

I also don't mind testing modules (when I have the time) for people even
if I personally don't want to run these modules on my m0n0wall.  Testing
is one thing that's needed for all modules.  Installing them on your own
production firewall is another thing totally.

Hilton Travis                          Phone: +61 (0)7 3343 3889