[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark IT - Hilton Travis" <hilton at quarkit dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] File explorer
 Date:  Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:48:03 +1000
Hi All,

I agree totally.  If someone sees a "feature" they think should be in
m0n0wall, and has the ability to hack it in, then why not develop it as
a module, so that those who want to use it can, and those that don't
want it don't have to have it.  Quite simple, and Manuel has provided a
basic module interface.

Personally, I'd like to see a more developed module interface that will
allow the easier addition and removal of a module from a running
m0n0wall (not CD-based, obviously) or a downloaded m0n0wall image (ISO
or otherwise) so that custom images (CD and other) can be created.

I also don't mind testing modules (when I have the time) for people even
if I personally don't want to run these modules on my m0n0wall.  Testing
is one thing that's needed for all modules.  Installing them on your own
production firewall is another thing totally.

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                          Phone: +61 (0)7 3343 3889