[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Justin Ellison <justin at techadvise dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.1b16
 Date:  Sun, 18 Jul 2004 16:10:07 -0500
On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 09:27, Robert Staph wrote:
> Does the shaper pay attention to VLANs?  IE. Can I set a 12Kbps limit on
> VLAN1 and a 112Kbps limit on VLAN2?

The magic shaper does not, as the VLAN support came about after the
magic shaper.  The magic shaper is for quick 'n easy shaping configs,
and I don't think VLAN's fit in that description.

That being said, it looks as though you can manually create rules to
match traffic on VLAN's, and redirect them to Pipes with those limits.

--
Justin Ellison <justin at techadvise dot com>