[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Cook <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>
 To:  'Martin Bauer' <martin underscore bauer at gmx dot at>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] fd0c: hard error reading fsbn
 Date:  Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:37:00 +0100
Martin,

I would start by confirming that your floppy disk and drive are Ok by
testing. An easy way todo this is to boot the PC with a MS-DOS boot disk and
then copy/rename/delete some test files.

If you don't have an MS-DOS disk, you can download one from
http://www.bootdisk.com/.

Unfortunately 3.5" floppy disks and drives have never been very reliable and
one of the reasons I personally wouldn't recommend the CD-ROM version of
m0n0wall for anything other than evaluation purposes.