[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Graham Tangey <gt at tangey dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Wireless HOSTAP problem - Netgear MA311
 Date:  Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:56:32 +1000
Hello,

I have just installed  a MA311 (Prism 2.5) Netgear card into my m0n0wall box.
I have set this card to bridge with the LAN interface, as well as to operate in HOSTAP mode.

My wireless client on my laptop sees it as an access point, but then will not connect to it when
using the assigned 64-bit WEP key.

I have no firewall rules set. I am sure I am supposed to set something up, but I just want to know -

1. Can the MA311 with Prism 2.5 be set in HOSTAP mode? (I assumed it could)
2. Can this card then be set to bridge to the LAN?
3. What firewall rules should I add so traffic will pass from LAN to WAN?
4. Will DHCP work across the WLAN interface if I have bridged it to the LAN?
5. What MA311 firmware version works in HOSTAP mode.

I am sorry if this looks silly, but I have been pulling my hair out!

Cheers,
Graham.