[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "'Alex Bihlmaier'" <thalunil at kallisti dot de>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] IP Aliases question
 Date:  Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:41:04 -0400
Alias in the Firewall section is for creating placeholders for IP address.
So if you change the IP of a host, you do not have to edit all the rules
associated with the host, just edit the alias. Take a look at the note on
the Alias page.

Can you separate your IP networks to two physical networks by moving one IP
network to a separate switch/hub? Are you using managed network gear that
will allow you to create segments (I think this is the definition of VLAN)?

James W. McKeand