[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Justin Ellison <justin at techadvise dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] DHCP - other attributes
 Date:  Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:35:01 -0500
Jason,

I already have.  I copied you on it, but it appears as though I got
caught up in your spam filters.

I sent the updated files to Benjamin, and a patch to Manuel, but he's in
LA for the next couple of weeks.

After the post about the WPAD stuff, I got to thinking, we're getting
way too advanced for m0n0wall's DHCP, since it doesn't even save DHCP
leases across reboots.  Most people that want netbooting and WPAD more
than likely have the hardware to spare for an external DHCP server.  So,
I'm putting the finishing touches on a DHCP relay that will forward all
DHCP packets to a predetermined "master" DHCP server, with which people
can configure WPAD, PXE, NetBIOS, NIS, NTP, and many other abbreviations
I can't think of yet ;-)

Justin

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 19:33, Jason Crowley wrote:
> The DHCP scripts have not been updated with the current beta versions.
> They were meant for version 1.0.  I had hoped Manuel would see fit to
> add the update to the standard version of m0n0wall, but he didn't.
> Having a few more people ask for the feature certainly doesn't hurt.
> Right now, I've been too busy with other stuff to put much time toward
> my m0n0wall projects, but if someone else wants to update the DHCP
> files, I'd be happy to post them in the same place.  -Jason

Justin Ellison <justin at techadvise dot com>