[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lercom ICT Diensten" <Info at lercom dot nl>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Wrap slows down
 Date:  Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:07:38 +0200
Hi,

I am using m0n0wall on a PC Engines WRAP.1C-2 board.

When using P2P (like eMule or BiTorrent) or Internet Radio, the Internet
connetion (PPTP to ADSL modem) seems to slow down until it not usable
anymore. The only resolution is to reboot the firewall after wich all
works fine again.

I had the same problem with a old i386 Pentium 200, but at that time
thought it might be the hardware.

I am using this setup at 3 locations and they all show the same problem.

I tried trafic shaping, but most P2P clients can be set to use different
ports so it won't work. I think the problem lies in the upload and not
the download.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Luc