[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent FLEURANCEAU <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  saroj kumar pradhan <sarojkumarp at naturesoft dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] saroj
 Date:  Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:06:05 +0200
-------- Original Message --------

> cannot i load the m0n0wall generic pc img in to my /boot directory of
> linux
> and boot from it

Did you get my previous private message?

m0n0wall is an *entire* Operating System (kernel + tools), like
GNU/Linux or FreeBSD (some would add MS Windows, but I don't ;-)

It's not a part of an OS, nor a standalone application. You have to boot
it from scratch from a bootable media (CD-Rom, CF card or HD).

More, I think Linux can only load its own kernel from /boot...

Please READ ALL THE AVAILABLE DOC!

If you mean "Is there something similar based on GNU/Linux?", try IPCop
or SmoothWall. Even with GNU/Linux, you'd better read the doc ;-)

If you mean "setting up a PXE boot environment with GNU/Linux", I really
don't know if it's possible.

You'd better try m0n0wall with the CD-Rom version, as it requires
nothing but changing your BIOS boot sequence + a blank diskette.

-- Vincent