[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Fred Mol" <fredlist at xs4all dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wrap slows down
 Date:  Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:48:13 +0200 (CEST)
Lercom ICT Diensten said:
> Hi,
>
> I am using m0n0wall on a PC Engines WRAP.1C-2 board.
>
> When using P2P (like eMule or BiTorrent) or Internet Radio, the Internet
> connetion (PPTP to ADSL modem) seems to slow down until it not usable
> anymore. The only resolution is to reboot the firewall after wich all
> works fine again.

I have the same problem here with the generic pc (cdrom) version of m0n0wall.
Just restarting the pptp connection is enough to cure the problem for
a while, a full reboot is not necessary.
I tried to analyze what is going on, but I haven't found the real problem yet.
One thing I noticed is that packets get lost between ng0 and the nic that
is talking to the adsl modem. See my previous posts:

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=70&actionargs[]=75
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=71&actionargs[]=41

Other than a reply from "Xon" who's having the same problem, I've had
no replies on those posts.

Anyway, there are at least 3 of us having the same problem. Maybe someone
can point us in the right direction on how to solve or at least further
diagnose this (hint, hint)?

--Fred