[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Stefan S <s7st at juno dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PC-Card USB-adapter to work with m0n0??
 Date:  Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:56:50 -0400 (EDT)
Hello:

I've asked this question before, and not really gotten a good response, so
I will ask again.  Old P1 laptops with PC-Card slots would be PERFECT
machines for m0n0 routers, if you could install a USB adapter, and put in
2 SMC EZ-Connect USB<>Eth adapters (the SMC's are supported by m0n0wall.)

However, I still cannot find any USB adapter that would work with
m0n0wall. I have the Adaptec adapter, and it does not work.  I have a
Thinkpad 600, with built-in Intel USB 1.1 adapter, and m0n0 sees that
chipset fine. However, I cannot find any intel-based USB adapters that you
can purchase.

Perhaps the ' Updated ssh module and installer (CF support) ' would be a
way to solve the problem? However, I am clueless how modules work in
OpenBSD, and would need to figure that out, if its even possible.

Thanks,

- Stefan

**  Stefan S *    Chex       *      North End, Boston, MA USA **
 ** 		       http://chex.2y.net:81/~chex/ **