[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PPTP users vs RADIUS
 Date:  Thu, 22 Jul 2004 03:39:22 -0600
According to http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/pptp-users.html "If you have a
RADIUS server and you set it up in the previous section you can either
choose to skip this one, or add users here that will be found and used
before the PPTP Server sends a request to the RADIUS server."

This doesn't seem to be the case, once I enabled the RADIUS option I was
completely unable to VPN (authenticating with a valid m0n0wall PPTP
account), and the verbiage on the "users" page indicates that local
users would be ignored if RADIUS was in use.

Am I missing something or is there a way to make this work?  I'd like to
set up a "backup" account for my own use when the RADIUS server is offline.

--
SCIENTISTS COMPARE APPLES AND ORANGES FOR VITAMIN CONTENT
"It's like comparing apples and oranges," says researcher