[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  John Voigt <megeek at jvoigt dot com>
 Cc:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless success stories?
 Date:  Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:20:07 -0400
Once I worked out the firmware issues with my Senao (engenius) cards, I have
some great AP's out there with m0n0wall.

I have the soekris 4521's with one card as a "secure" connection for employees
and the other card running the captive portal for guests or contractors who
need internet access but not LAN access. Works rather well.....

also have the 4521 in my house w/ 2 cards just because I can =)

Quoting John Voigt <megeek at jvoigt dot com>:

> I have my monowall working as a AP.  Using an engenius miniPCI radio (160
> mw), pigtail and antenna all in a Soekris box.
>
> I've also had it working with a regular PCMCIA version of the same radio in
> the same box.
>
> Using monowall v1.0.  I do have the wireless interface bridged with the LAN.
>
> I know others have had problems.  Maybe I just got lucky with a good
> firmware version or just didn't give up soon enough - I am a bit hard
> headed. :-)
>
> John Voigt, President
>
> Reston Wireless, LLC
> High speed internet service