[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sylikc <sylikc at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall IPSec "not acceptable Agressive Mode"
 Date:  Thu, 22 Jul 2004 15:43:29 -0700
Justin,

Well I haven't hacked around with m0n0wall much outside of using it,
this is a first.  I executed the sequence of commands remotely and
when I got to the last step (restarting racoon) I got a parse error:

$ /usr/local/sbin/racoon -d -f /var/etc/racoon.conf
racoon: failed to parse configuration file.

However, it's strange, everything is correct, I added the line

nat_traversal on;

in different places in the anonymous { } section, but as long as it
was specified, there was a parse error.  If I removed it, racoon can
start again.  But as long as it was somewhere in the anonymous {}
section, racoon wouldn't start.

I can't figure out how to get the version of racoon installed either
(maybe it's not a config directive for the current version in m0n0?
[only the 0.3.x branch supports NAT-T, the 0.2.x branch doesn't]).
I'm going to try playing more with the configuration to see if there's
more combinations to try.  I downloaded the latest ipsec-tools-0.3.3
and will be using /src/racoon/samples/racoon.conf.sample-natt hoping
to see if there's something that needs to be tweaked.

Thanks for the suggestions, if you have any more ideas on how I can
hack around with the config or what not, I'm interested ;)

/sylikc