[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Wrap slows down
 Date:  Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:05:36 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Fred Mol wrote:

> It looks like I've found a "fix" (workaround is still a better name).
> I've changed the part that generates the mpd config files in
> /etc/inc/interfaces.inc to add the following options:
>
> To mpd.conf:
>     set iface enable tcpmssfix
> And to mpd.links:
>     set pptp disable delayed-ack
>
> Until now, this seems to work for me, but since the problem is hard to
> reproduce, it's too early to draw any permanent conclusions.

I doubt that the first one would have anything to do with *this*
symptom, since if the MSS is a problem then you'd mainly have connections
that don't work at all.

The second one might be relevant, except that you description made it
sound more like ACKs from the *other* end were the issue.

					Fred Wright