[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Fred Mol" <fredlist at xs4all dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WAN as DHCP and unreachable gateway
 Date:  Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:15:38 +0200 (CEST)
ubi de feo said:

> hi fred.
>
> this is the working configuration
> the 10.0.0.138 is my modem IP.
> the process is called DHCP spoofing and works forwarding to the first
> interface connected on the wan side of the modem
> all the dhcp data from the ISP
> this way your machine uses the modem as a dumb modem (more or less)

Not really, the modem is still doing the pptp. You can configure the modem
to be even "dumber" (I think via the "pptp.ini" config file). In that
configuration the computer connected to the modem (m0n0wall) does the pptp
stuff. That would be the simplest way to get up and running I think.

It seems that if you are using DHCP spoofing, you need to add a route
manually. It's all explaned here:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=206649&p=3

Hope this helps,

--Fred (the other one :-)