[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Eglington" <aeglington at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  suggestion - firewall log DATE
 Date:  Fri, 23 Jul 2004 20:16:17 +1000
1)
My m0n0 is behind a router so it's logs do *not* usually get big very fast.
I noticed some weird entries tonight, and suddenly realised I had no idea
from what DAY they were.

How about a universal date.time stamp?
like maybe:
20040723.20:08:22.014203

It's been a long time since i looked at a raw logfile, but they do normally
contain a datestamp don't they?

2)
Also, how about a checkbox that does the necessary calculation between GMT
<-> local timezone and redisplays the log.

Love Movies? You'll love HomeScreen. Rental DVDs - no late fees!  Go to:
http://www.ninemsn.homescreen.com.au/account/freetrial/?.promo=9msn_hotmail_
tagline