[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at acm dot org>
 To:  Jukka Salmi <j+m0n0wall at 2004 dot salmi dot ch>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at acm dot org>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] interfering filter rule
 Date:  Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:34:24 -0700
On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 10:29, Jukka Salmi wrote:

> Bruce A. Mah --> m0n0wall (2004-07-23 08:03:03 -0700):
> > So one thing to try might be to reconfigure m0n0-br with a WAN interface
> > facing towards m0n0-gw and its OPT1 interface facing towards your LAN.
> > Bridge the OPT1 interface to the WAN.
>
> I tried this, and at first it seemed to work fine, but then httpd
> stopped responding. I restarted the box (via serial console); it
> worked fine again, and after some minutes httpd refused to accept
> connections again. Strange. But 100% reproducible.
>
> Any hints?

After httpd stopped responding, did the bridge still continue to pass
packets?  If you get a process table listing, is httpd still running or
is it truly gone?

There was a short thread on the m0n0wall list around 18 July entited
"HTTPD Crash" (should be in the list archives).  I wonder if that's
applicable to your case?

Bruce.