[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Cas Mollien" <cmollien at mollien dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Unreachable website, m0n0wall problem
 Date:  Fri, 23 Jul 2004 19:27:01 -0400
Hi,

Since I have installed m0n0wall I have not been able to get on
www.newzbin.com. I have spent several days trying to figure it out, have
accused my provider of blocking the host ;-), but nothing has worked up
'till now.

I have cable and the admin at my provider (same network) can open the site
without problems. I have done traceroutes from both Windows and Linux and
they all stop at some host in the UK (hop16   117 ms   126 ms   173 ms
so-6-0.metro1-londencyh00.London1.Level3.net [212.113.3.30]).

I have upgraded to the Beta (1.1b16), downgraded back to 1.0, completely
emptied my config file and started over. Even with the most basic config, I
am not able to get through.

However, as soon as I hook up my old Linksys router instead of m0n0, I can
get to it.

I an sure it happens with other sites as well, but at first I did not pay
much attention to it. Some sites are down, that's life. But when I found out
that NewzBin was not down and that I could get there from any other location
but my house, I started troubleshooting with this site.

I am running m0n0wall on a Soekris net4801, my clients are W2K, WXP and
Linux.

Has anybody encountered this problem before? Or something similar?

Thanks in advance,

Cas Mollien

For your info, here's my minimal config-file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<m0n0wall>
	<version>1.4</version>
	<system>
		<hostname>m0n0wall</hostname>
		<domain>mollien</domain>
		<dnsallowoverride/>
		<username>admin</username>
		<password>$1$2xGLA75j$W/jiJc00HYBZX7kFjxjQv0</password>
		<timezone>America/New_York</timezone>
		<time-update-interval>300</time-update-interval>
		<timeservers>pool.ntp.org</timeservers>
		<webgui>
			<protocol>https</protocol>
			<port/>
		</webgui>
	</system>
	<interfaces>
		<lan>
			<if>sis0</if>
			<ipaddr>192.168.180.1</ipaddr>
			<subnet>24</subnet>
		</lan>
		<wan>
			<if>sis1</if>
			<blockpriv/>
			<spoofmac>xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx</spoofmac>
			<mtu/>
			<ipaddr>dhcp</ipaddr>
			<dhcphostname/>
		</wan>
	</interfaces>
	<staticroutes/>
	<pppoe/>
	<pptp/>
	<snmpd>
		<syslocation>Florida</syslocation>
		<syscontact>Admin</syscontact>
		<rocommunity>public</rocommunity>
		<enable/>
	</snmpd>
	<syslog>
		<reverse/>
		<nentries>50</nentries>
		<remoteserver>192.168.180.10</remoteserver>
		<filter/>
		<enable/>
	</syslog>
	<filter>