[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Cas Mollien" <cmollien at mollien dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Unreachable website, m0n0wall problem
 Date:  Fri, 23 Jul 2004 19:27:01 -0400

Since I have installed m0n0wall I have not been able to get on
www.newzbin.com. I have spent several days trying to figure it out, have
accused my provider of blocking the host ;-), but nothing has worked up
'till now.

I have cable and the admin at my provider (same network) can open the site
without problems. I have done traceroutes from both Windows and Linux and
they all stop at some host in the UK (hop16   117 ms   126 ms   173 ms
so-6-0.metro1-londencyh00.London1.Level3.net []).

I have upgraded to the Beta (1.1b16), downgraded back to 1.0, completely
emptied my config file and started over. Even with the most basic config, I
am not able to get through.

However, as soon as I hook up my old Linksys router instead of m0n0, I can
get to it.

I an sure it happens with other sites as well, but at first I did not pay
much attention to it. Some sites are down, that's life. But when I found out
that NewzBin was not down and that I could get there from any other location
but my house, I started troubleshooting with this site.

I am running m0n0wall on a Soekris net4801, my clients are W2K, WXP and

Has anybody encountered this problem before? Or something similar?

Thanks in advance,

Cas Mollien

For your info, here's my minimal config-file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
			<descr>Default LAN -&gt; any</descr>