[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Fred Wright" <fw at well dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Fsck?
 Date:  Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:47:59 -0700
> Once you get past the rootfs problem, you'll find that m0n0wall falls on
> its face if it can't find a config file (which must be local, not TFTP or
> NFS).  If you have a valid m0n0wall CF in place this shouldn't be a
> problem, but it's an obstacle to getting up with a new or corrupted CF.

Can't we fix that?

I like the ideas you are using here... would be nice to be able to get
hardware and initialize it straight through without even opening the box...

The mono boot procedure - couldn't it be modified to detect the initial tftp
boot, and knowing that use tftp to retrieve a config file?

It could use the IP address in the file name to allow unique config, and
failing to find that file, use the IP network to pull down a default config
if that is the desired option...

Thoughts?

Thanks.

m/