[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  ubi de feo <ubi at twodotone dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  what to do when the gateway is not on the same network as the IP?
 Date:  Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:24:30 +0200
hi guys.
as many of you know it's months this thing is going on, with me.

well...
with the help of couple of you, at least now i'm conscious about what
my problem is.

the gateway that my ISP's DHCS provides me, seats outside of my network
(and changes sometimes).
now...

i think this should be solved in the m0n0 distro instead of trying to
add routes and stuff like that.
every time i add a net to the routing table, it gets deleted after a
while because the WAN interface
is set to work as a DHCP client.

Fred Mol posted this in a reply

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=206649&p=3

and they talk about manually adding -net and routes

how to make these changes be permanent (considering i'm not that
network or Linux expert?).
as far as i know Fedora is one of the linux distros who's not affected
by this (not sure, though).
infact my fedora was working perfectly when connected to the ADSL modem
as DHCP client.

is there any GURU around that can help?

as always...
thanx guys for all your help