[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Kirk Lane" <ayocee at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Ftp client in active mode behind Monowall
 Date:  Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:45:56 -0700
OTTOMH Kirk I think it's more than that...

Active mode is when the server opens the data channel back to the client.

Linux gets around this with a kernel module if memory serves... I think
doing it in FreeBSD requires a transparent proxy or other similar device.
Something has to be watching the command channel to anticipate the data
channel open from the server so it can be mapped to the correct natted
client.

m/