[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mine GO BOOM <minegoboom at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Need configuration settings for OPT1 (and bonus WLAN question)
 Date:  Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:04:32 -0400
I've recently wanted to add a third network card into my m0n0wall, to
anticipate adding a wireless access point to it for a WLAN. But a
problem I have is that the motherboard only has three PCI slots, and I
don't happen to have any other old video cards that will run on this
board with me except PCI.

So for a third card to be added, I had to remove the video card. This
makes it a bit harder to do the menu configuration without it.

My attempts to do it blindly have failed. But it does boot up fine
with the third card inserted, so I was wondering if anyone could share
their configuration's part in which what I need to add to get it setup
enough to let me play around with the settings via the web interface.

Oh, and another thing I'll have a little problem with. For my wireless
interface, I was hoping to go with requring all wireless users to use
VPN to connect in. But one of my wireless devices is a Windows CE
unit, running OS 2.11 (MIPS cpu). Doing a bit of searching returned a
bunch of Pocket PC applications to run a VPN client, but nothing for
2.11 or older. So I was wondering on how to bet setup a wireless
network to be secure for what I'll need.

The normal clients (WinXP) would just use VPN to connect and gain full
access to the network. This one specific client could log in, but only
gain a very small pipe access to the internet (and not LAN), something
like 5k up and down.

I plan on doing the usuals, like WEP and such, but would like to know
how I could setup the following inside of m0n0wall.