[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  SOLUTION: "Panic" while booting net4801
 Date:  Sun, 25 Jul 2004 03:29:36 +0200
Hi again,

>ad0: READ command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
>ata0: resetting devices .. done
>ad0: 61MB <SanDisk SDCFB-64> [490/8/32] at ata0-master WDMA2
(...)                                                   ^^^^^ !!!
>Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

Hmmm, several people had this problem, it was known for several
months, nobody came up with a solution. I am just a linux-user and
totally clueless about *BSD, googled a little, mounted the flashcard
with the m0n0wall image and put this as first two lines in
<mountpath>/boot/loader.rc

	set hw.ata.atapi_dma="0"
	set hw.ata.ata_dma="0"

Now each and every card works just fine, gets recognized as PIO4. I'm
really, really surprised that none of you BSD-gurus could come up with
that one and have people try/buy other cards instead. Please include
it in the next m0n0wall release.

Kind regards

Frederick