[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Danne" <danne at djesigns dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaping issue
 Date:  Sun, 25 Jul 2004 17:20:23 -0700
Hi Danne

> I have an unusual problem with traffic shaping and PPPoE. I have a
> 330kbps upload I (tried) limited to 300kbps for ACK packet
> prioritization. I've nothiced, though, that any web and AIM direct
> connect traffic I have going through my "shaped" WAN interface, it is
> limited down to 250-260kbps. I've tried removing everything and starting
> clean, only using one pipe and forcing all traffic through it, and
> updating to the latest beta (1.1b16) but nothing has changed.

Just a thought... the real world isn't exactly like the test world...

There could be something in the network latency in the real world that is
limiting your throughput beyond what you are setting. There could be limits
at the ISP, or congestion that are causing some of the issues.

Would like to know what you are using to test though and where you got it -
looking for some good speedtest tools that don't rely on a third party.

Thanks.

m/