[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  APHS <aphsaphs at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Re: Re: [m0n0wall] newbie: Connect to remote lan at other end of vpn link.
 Date:  Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:14:09 +0100
> 1) All machines in a given subnet have to see the m0n0 in that subnet as
> the route to the "remote subnets".  If the m0n0 isn't the default gateway
> for that subnet, then whatever machine *is* the default gateway needs a
> static routing entry to that effect.  The rest of the machines *should*
> then be able to pick that up via ICMP redirect.
>
> 2) Each m0n0 needs to have static routes configured to reach the remote
> subnets via the remote m0n0, except that with IPsec it gets the "route" to
> the *one* remote subnet described by the tunnel "for free".

The routes on the lan's are set up correctly to forward traffic to the
m0n0. I think it is part 2 that is having the problem. I can't add the
route to the remote networks using the remote mono as the gateway as
m0n0 then complains that its not on the local lan with the following
information:-

/kernel: arplookup 82.33.210.67 failed: host is not on local network
/kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for 82.33.210.67rt

(I've tried adding the external ip address and the internal ip for the
remote m0n0 and still get the same error message). Any more ideas?