[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jan Walzer" <j dot walzer at itcampus dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  OpenVPN ...
 Date:  Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:07:17 +0200
OK, after some fiddling, and setting up FreeBSD in a VMware, to build
customized ISOs, I managed to get a version of 1.1b15+OpenVPN(m0n0-ovpn0.3)

Booting went fine, and after reading, how to create a CA and own certs,
I managed that m0n0-ovpn and another Client can authorize themselfes...

Nevertheless, there are some buggies, that still stop me from getting
it successful working. Mostly because of the integration (or the lack of)
into the webinterface and a missing shell (yes, I know exec.php)

Major problem is, that I can't assign any rules to the tun/tap interfaces,
as they don't appear as a valid option in the rules-form
So, there won't get any traffic through the tunnel, as these packets will
get dropped. Another thing with this is, that I can't do bridging of the
tap0 and LAN.

Also the OpenVPN-Dialog itself has some minor issues. After having set
some of the options (--push-ping-exit, push-route-delay come to mind)
I can't unset them again, without editing the config.xml directly. (maybe
some typos in the php?)

Also, while using tun it appeared to me multiple times, that the "old"
ptp device wasn't destroyed after reconfiguring the server, so the "new"
config came up with wrong values (different IP) or didn't came up at
all (when changing from tun to tap, it couldn't assign the IP, because
the IP was already given to tun0, and the service died)

Another thing I'm unsure about, is the usage of the lzo-comp option.
Is the binary compiled with this option?

I'd like help you, to get this vpn running, so ask, if there
are questions...

Jan

--
itCampus Software und Systemhaus GmbH