[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Graham Dunn <gdunn at inscriber dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OpenVPN module and m0n0-inst-modules
 Date:  Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:51:18 -0400
On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 08:37:52AM -0700, Mitch (WebCob) wrote:
> Not sure what you are asking...
>
> I know a mono openvpn module is in the works... Peter I think? I'm REALY bad
> with names - sorry.
>
> And I saw someone with a script to load modules into an image... that could
> be a module in my perfect world...

So far, I've found
http://www.closeconsultants.com/~peter/m0n0-openvpn.html which has a
script to insert the required contents of the module, but only into a CF
image, not an iso (cd9660) file.

There also exists m0n0-inst-modules at
http://www.xs4all.nl/~fredmol/m0n0/ which can insert a module into an
iso (cd9660) if the module is in the correct layout (files in the proper
dir tree).

So my plan was to get the m0n0-openvpn install to install to a CF image,
then diff that with the original image layout, then extract the required
files to their own tar file, which will then be used as input to the
m0n0-inst-modules script.

As always, the devil will be in the details.

Unless there's an easier way to get openvpn into an iso image?

Graham