[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Fred Mol" <fredlist at xs4all dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OpenVPN module and m0n0-inst-modules
 Date:  Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:44:46 +0200 (CEST)
Graham Dunn said:

> So far, I've found
> http://www.closeconsultants.com/~peter/m0n0-openvpn.html which has a
> script to insert the required contents of the module, but only into a CF
> image, not an iso (cd9660) file.
>
> There also exists m0n0-inst-modules at
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~fredmol/m0n0/ which can insert a module into an
> iso (cd9660) if the module is in the correct layout (files in the proper
> dir tree).
>
> So my plan was to get the m0n0-openvpn install to install to a CF image,
> then diff that with the original image layout, then extract the required
> files to their own tar file, which will then be used as input to the
> m0n0-inst-modules script.

Yes, that should work.

> As always, the devil will be in the details.
>
> Unless there's an easier way to get openvpn into an iso image?

It's not very hard to create the tar file (with files in the right place)
for m0n0-inst-modules manually. The m0n0-openvpn install consists of three
parts:
1) Unpack the image
2) Copy files
3) Repack the image

Part 2) is easily found in the install script and will tell you where the
files should go and how to create the proper dir-tree for m0n0-inst-modules.

Good luck,

--Fred