[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Peter Curran" <peter at closeconsultants dot com>
 To:  "Fred Mol" <fredlist at xs4all dot nl>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OpenVPN module and m0n0-inst-modules
 Date:  Mon, 26 Jul 2004 19:43:34 -0400
Just to add to Fred's input....

In general, m0n0 needs 'touching up' in 3 places for a module to work...

1.  In /etc/inc you need to create a directory called ext

This is searched during bootup (if it isn't there this doesn't
happen) for directories.  Each directory needs to include a file called rc
that contains the boot time call to an initialisation routine.

In my case, there is an additional file called openvpn.inc that contains the
various library functions for the system.

2.  In /usr/local/www you need a directory called ext.  This should contain
a directory named after the module, within which is a file called menu.inc.
This file is called by the webGUI is responsible for putting an entry on the
menu on the lefthand side of the screen.  You should also have file(s) that
contain the actual extension of the webGUI to support the module.  (The
current version of openvpn has 1, the next 3).  This will normally be .php
files.

Be careful of permissions.  The stuff in /usr/local/www needs to be
rwxr-xr-x

3.  Additional binaries for the module.  In the case of the openvpn module,
you end up with a binary called openvpn in the /usr/local/sbin directory and
a module called if_tap.ko in the /modules directory.  (If you build your own
binaries, make sure to run strip(1) to minimise the size.

Hope this helps....

Peter

(PS.  I am working on a unified build script to handle both regular and ISO
images for the next version of openvpn coming this weekend).