[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Allan D. Piske" <zyryz at terra dot com dot br>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  vlans not working
 Date:  Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:56:09 -0300
Hi group, i'm using m0n0wall for some time (since jan/2004 ) and i'm trying the never beta ones ..
but i needing to add support for bridged wan interface ( because i need to use it as a transparent
bridge/firewall for traffic shapping ) .. so i tryed to use vlans instead of 3 fisical interfaces ..
but when a enable bridging on opt1 with lan ( fisicaly on the same adapter )  m0n0wall stops
responding and i need to reboot the system.

also .. setup using only vlans doesnt work, i cant access lan ip. ( m0n0wall is coneccted to a 3com
1100 switch  using 801.2Q tagged vlans ) .. i only can access m0n0wall using untagged vlans and ip
adress assigned to the fisical interface.

may it be some compatibility issue with my switch?
i tryed with several ethernet adapter and none worked.

i was able to get my adsl pppoe conection up using vlan wan interface .. but only icmp seems to work
to wan .. my browsers finds the page ( dns/ip ) but cant open the page.

any ideias?

my problem can be solved adding bridge support to wan interface ( fisical ones ) so i dont need to
put 3 interfaces on my system .. if that vlan sutff worked i only needing one interface but :-(