[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Roger Boggs <lordkuri at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall pptp and Mergic VPN
 Date:  Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:26:31 +0800 (MYT)
On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Roger Boggs wrote:

> 1. would I be asking here if I hadn't? <grin>
> 2. system logs are blank (wrt pptp)

odd, because you should be seeing the connection attempts....

> the problem I'm having is that it's attempting to connect, but timing
> out "Error: timeout (0x1212)"

...but then if the palm is timing out, it perhaps cant reach the ip
address of the m0n0wall. have you tried pinging the palm from the m0n0wall
(and vice versa), taking care that by default ICMP is blocked on the WAN
interface so you may need to add some rules to allow this.

> problem , so I don't think it's m0n0 causing it, hence why I asked if
> anyone had used MergicVPN

i just tried with my palm tungsten and m0n0wall, and this is the error i
keep getting:

Jul 27 21:52:03	mpd: [pt0] device: OPEN event in state DOWN
Jul 27 21:52:03	mpd: [pt0] attaching to peer's outgoing call
Jul 27 21:52:03	mpd: [pt0] can't config pptpgre node: Invalid argument
Jul 27 21:52:03	mpd: pptp0-0: killing channel
Jul 27 21:52:03	mpd: [pt0] PPTP call cancelled in state CONNECTING

however, bearing in mind that my kernel is rolled on my own and not
manuel's m0n0wall kernel, i may have goofed up in either patching up
ng_pptpgre.c or left something out on my end.