[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Roger Boggs <lordkuri at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall pptp and Mergic VPN
 Date:  Wed, 28 Jul 2004 03:59:35 +0800 (MYT)
On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Dinesh Nair wrote:

> i just tried with my palm tungsten and m0n0wall, and this is the error i
> keep getting:
>
> Jul 27 21:52:03	mpd: [pt0] device: OPEN event in state DOWN
> Jul 27 21:52:03	mpd: [pt0] attaching to peer's outgoing call
> Jul 27 21:52:03	mpd: [pt0] can't config pptpgre node: Invalid argument
> Jul 27 21:52:03	mpd: pptp0-0: killing channel
> Jul 27 21:52:03	mpd: [pt0] PPTP call cancelled in state CONNECTING
>
> however, bearing in mind that my kernel is rolled on my own and not
> manuel's m0n0wall kernel, i may have goofed up in either patching up
> ng_pptpgre.c or left something out on my end.

reading freebsd-questions, apparently, it does seem that the mpd binary
on m0n0wall is out of sync with the latest freebsd sources for
ng_pptpgre.h in /usr/src/sys/netgraph and /usr/include/netgraph.

could anyone using a stock m0n0wall 1.1b16 try pptp server mode and see if
a connect from a windows vpn client reproduces the error above ?

i rebuilt mpd from the ports, chucked it into m0n0wall, and the above
error goes away. from what it seems, mpd was built using an older version
of ng_pptpgre.h, not revision 1.1.4.5 committed on Sun May 16 19:26:46
2004 UTC. the enableWindowing' configuration knob was added in that
revision to both ng_pptpgre.c and ng_pptpgre.h.

manuel, if you're reading this in LA, i believe this is the reason the
ng_pptpgre.c.patch from kernel-patches-410.tgz failed to apply cleanly (3
out of 9 hunks failed) when i tried it. i've sent you the
ng_pptpgre.c.patch which works against 4.10 STABLE some time back. do let
me know if you need it again.

and bringing this thread back one circle, with the fixed mpd binary, i was
able to have mergic vpn on my palm tungsten connect with mpd pptp on the
m0n0wall quite fine.