[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Port triggering
 Date:  Wed, 28 Jul 2004 00:41:44 -0600
I think I've finally worked out my stability issues, I ended up
replacing the entire box and it seems to be reasonably stable, so I'm
going to blame the previous uptime issues on hardware.

One question though -- I'm replacing a couple Linksys boxes which
supported "port triggering"

Long story short, when I established an outbound connection on a given
port, it would create a temporary inbound NAT rule on an unrelated port
(or set of ports) pointing to the internal IP which originated the
outbound connection.

As an example, when connects to an internet IRC server
(port 7000), I want port 113 forwarded to  A few minutes
later connects to IRC too (also remote port 7000), port
113 would be remapped to dynamically.

Is anything like this supported in m0n0wall?

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill?