[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Peter Curran" <peter at closeconsultants dot com>
 To:  "Mitch (WebCob)" <mitch at webcob dot com>, "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>, "Hugo Hamel" <hhamel at privalodc dot com>, "Pauline Middelink" <middelink at polyware dot nl>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE : [m0n0wall] Re: ATM WAS RE: [m0n0wall] RE : [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaping issue
 Date:  Wed, 28 Jul 2004 18:03:55 -0400
Mitch

What you are describing sounds like a bit of a wacky setup to me, but the
solution is probably not easy to do with m0n0 or FreeBSD.

If I was using a Cisco, I would probably start thinking along the lines of
source address routing (that is routing based on where the packet came from,
rather than where it is going to which is destination address routing - the
default).

This feature has just recently been added to OpenBSD-CURRENT so you might
want to take a look at that.

Cheers

Peter