[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Jon Tackabury <jtackabury at binaryfortress dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Rules & Logging not Working
 Date:  Fri, 30 Jul 2004 02:20:51 +0800 (MYT)
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Jon Tackabury wrote:

> I set my LAN interface to block all ICMP traffic, but I can still ping my
> firewall.  This rule is at the top of the list but doesn't seem to be doing

there's a default rule (which you can't change using the webGUI, which
allows all traffic from your LAN subnet to the m0n0wall's LAN IP address.
this is there so you can't accidentally lock yourself out of the m0n0wall
webGUI.

> anything.  Also, I turned on logging for ALL rules on the LAN interface but
> nothing ever gets logged into the firewall log.  Am I doing something wrong?

all your traffic to the m0n0wall's LAN IP address are caught by the rule
mentioned above and this rule does not log anything.