[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jon Tackabury" <jtackabury at binaryfortress dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Traffic rules not working?
 Date:  Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:59:18 -0400
I have 3 interfaces.  LAN, WAN and OPT1.  I set the rules to "Block anything
from anywhere to anywhere" on OPT1... but when I ping a PC from a PC on the
LAN interface, somehow the ICMP reply packets are getting through... if I
said to block all traffic coming in OPT1, shouldn't it block that?

Also, how can I create a rule that says "Block this PC from the LAN to
getting on the Internet".  I can create a rule that blocks them from getting
to the "LAN Subnet" or the "OPT1 Subnet"... but there doesn't seem to be a
way to block them from going out the WAN interface.

Thanks again for your help,
Jon