[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Kingman <tim dot kingman at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Outbound Rules
 Date:  Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:48:07 -0400
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 14:49:50 -0400, Jon Tackabury
<jtackabury at binaryfortress dot com> wrote:
> This might be a silly question... but how do I create a rule that
> applies to an outbound connection?  When I create rules then check the
> status page it only creates "pass in" and "block in" rules.  Can I
> create "pass out" and "block out" rules as well, or is there a different
> way to handle this?
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

At least in the 1.1 betas, you want to add a LAN rule to block packets
originating from the LAN, with whatever criteria you're interested. I
just created a rule to block outgoing IMAP but doing that and picking
IMAP as the destination port for the rule. Make sure this block rule
comes before the default "Default LAN -> any" rule, otherwise it won't
do anything.

Hope this helps!
-tim