[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Greenwood" <lists at silverblade dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Traffic shaping & Captive portal?
 Date:  Sat, 31 Jul 2004 08:46:37 +0100
Hi all,

Almost a complete newbie here - I understand some of the basics but need a
little more info.

Firstly, what's this new "Captive portal" thing in the new beta about? I'm
totally clueless as to what it's for.

My main question however is setting up traffic shaping. I don't understand
the different sections and how they fit together.

I've so far managed to bandwidth limit 2 machines on my network, but I'd
like to go further and prioritize some traffic.

Anyone got a set of rules they could share with me?

-Andrew