[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] feature request: dhcp before pptp
 Date:  Sun, 1 Aug 2004 18:19:07 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, gaelic wrote:

> i'm connection to my provider via pptp. but it's no that easy, because I
> get an dynamic ip address with dhcp before connecting. for example
> 172.16.247.xxx and the gateway is 172.16.247.1. the adsl/xdsl modem from
> inode is a zyxel prestige 600 an has the fixed ip address 10.0.0.138.
>
> well, i need a pptp connection combined with dhcp ...

I agree that it would be useful to have that capability, although if your
ISP is so clueless that they force you to have a dynamically assigned
*private* address just to connect to their PPTP server, then you have to
wonder what other things they're clueless about. :-) There are certainly
reasonable setups that provide DHCP in that context, but only as a
configuration convenience for an address that's actually static.

					Fred Wright