[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bosse Timothy" <Bosse dot tf at mellon dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Outbound Rules
 Date:  Sun, 1 Aug 2004 21:31:49 -0400
Jon:  The rule should reside on the WAN interface as m0n0wall manages
all of it's interfaces.

Fred:  Wouldn't it be reasonable for m0n0wall to generate traffic if
it's using the firmware version checker (only started from the firmware
admin page), or if you were downloading the latest version of the
firmware (again, must be accessing admin pages?

Both:  There should still be major concern if there is any amount of
traffic flowing that isn't started by the user (administrator/owner).

Tim Bosse