[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Daniel Kulesz <mailinglist at thecan dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VPN with 2 WAN Interfaces in a lan?
 Date:  Mon, 2 Aug 2004 14:21:25 +0200

i am trying to make a VPN in my home lan with 2 m0n0wall boxes. This is my setup:

WAN: normal pppoe to my provider (dynamic ip)
LAN: normal connection to my home lan (192.168.30.x)
OPT1: problem

LAN: connected to my Access point with a private ip range (192.168.31.x)
WAN: problem

What i want to do now is to "simulate" a WAN in my home lan with the OPT1 inteface of box1 and the
WAN interface of box2.

I tried something like this with windows over a cross-over cable: Gave machine1 ip and some gateway
and assigned machine2 as IP the gateway i defined for machine1 - and as gateway the IP of machine1.
And this works!

My problem is i want to do this now for the two m0n0 boxes, but the m0n0wall setup only allows me to
specify one Wan interface :-( i have to make the other one some OPT Interface, but how can i route
it to the other machine? I already have connected OPT1(box1) and WAN(box2) over a crossover-cable
but if i assign ips to the interfaces i cant ping anyways...

Any ideas?

My goal is once this is working to make a VPN from the LAN of my Access point (this 192.168.31.x) to
my normal lan (this 192.168.30.x) to secure the access point this way.

Thanks in advance for your help!