[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Giuseppe Vacanti" <gvacanti at cosine dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0nowall has 'memory' of multiple WAN IPs
 Date:  Mon, 2 Aug 2004 16:13:30 +0200 (CEST)
Hello,

I use m0n0wall with its WAN port connected to a /29 network I manage
(addresses XXX.XXX.XXX.26 to 30). Behind m0n0wall I have my private LAN.

I have been able to configure m0n0wall to respond to one IP address (26),
and do the NAT I want (to 192.168.1.1). Then I configured it to respond to
the other IP addresses I have, and can Inbound-NAT them as I want, to
different machines on the private LAN.

When I remove the NAT entries (and the firewall rules) for the IP
addresses other than the first one (26), I notice that m0nowall still
responds to the other IP addresses (27 to 30 in my case), and that for
these it applies the NAT rules for the first address (26). That is, once
m0nowall has responded to one of my other IP addresses once, it never
forgets it (at least not in the couple of hours I've been trying).

I have inspected the status.php page, but I cannot figure out why m0n0wall
is still responding to all the IP addresses.

Am I missing anything here?

Thanks,

Giuseppe Vacanti
cosine Science & Computing BV (NL)