[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  John Auld <jxa at minervaplc dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0nowall has 'memory' of multiple WAN IPs
 Date:  Mon, 2 Aug 2004 16:13:05 +0100
On the status.php page, look at the config.xml section to see if you have
any references to the old IP addresses. That may give you a clue where to
remove the configuration if it is still set somewhere in m0n0wall.

If no entry is found, turn off the m0n0wall server and do the ping tests
again, if the pings respond when the m0n0wall is on and not when it is off,
you know will confirm that the m0n0wall is repsonding to the pings and not
some other host.

If the m0n0wall does respond, do you have stale arp entries the host where
you run ping. Try arp -a and look for out of date arp entries. Try deleting
the old arp entries if they are present.