[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Patches for RADIUS accounting
 Date:  Tue, 3 Aug 2004 00:46:57 +0800 (MYT)
m0n0wall users,

i've just sent a bunch of patches to manuel to implement the following.
would those who've actively used or are planning to use the captive portal
let me know if this is sufficient enough leading to a full 1.1 release of
m0n0wall or is the captive portal still lacking in some much needed
functionality which is critical. i reckon we dont have too long to make
major changes, so requests would have to be either critical/showstopper
bugs or something which is really lacking.

- fix to handle RADIUS authentication server timeouts correctly

- added functionality for RADIUS accounting to same RADIUS server.
  AcctStart packets are sent upon a succesful auth, and AcctStop packets
  are sent upon a user logout/disconnect, hard/idle timeout or m0n0wall
  reboot thru webGUI. AcctStop packets include information for session
  duration, packets in/out and octets in/out.

- added in Logout popup window for captive portal clients to explicitly
  disconnect from captive portal. popup pops up irrespective if RADIUS
  authentication/accounting is used or not.

- added system_reboot_cleanup() function to contain all cleanup functions
  when the m0n0wall is rebooted from the webGUI

- added JavaScript to captive portal config page to disable other fields
  if the enable check box is unchecked, to make UI behaviour consistent
  with rest of webGUI

- displays Pipe/Queue description in Traffic Shaper Rules/Queues pages for
  better clarity. if pipe/queue has null description, then pipe/queue
  index number (old behaviour) is displayed instead

the release of 1.1b17 will have to wait till manuel gets back from LA.