[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "sietze" <m0n0wall at sistemaseuropeos dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  netstat and vpn
 Date:  Mon, 2 Aug 2004 18:50:16 +0200
Hi all,

According to the logs racoon happily and quickly completes phase 1 and 2
when trying to build a IPsec tunnel. But after that no traffic passes
through the tunnel. Nothing shows in the firewall log though I have checked
logging for the ESP rule.

In the archives I find similar cases. In one case it is suggested to run
"netstat -rn".
But there is no follow up there.

When entering "netstat -rn" only the normal routes show, as when there is no
tunnel. Nothing regarding the other LAN.
Should "netstat -rn" show any information regarding the route to the other
side of the tunnel?

Thanks

Sietze