[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Peter Curran <peter at closeconsultants dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Patches for RADIUS accounting
 Date:  Tue, 3 Aug 2004 02:31:22 +0800 (MYT)
On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Peter Curran wrote:

> How does the m0n0 identify itself to the RADIUS server when it sends
> accounting details (NAS-IP ADDRESS or NAS-IDENTIFIER)?

NAS Identifier. i've been testing it against freeradius, and that can
further delimit based on source IP address of the RADIUS packet (which
should be the m0n0wall's IP address).

> Does the AcctStop indicate a reason for the logout?

yes, Account-Terminate is currently set to User-Request for all AcctStop
packets.

> functionality.  For me the next priority has to be either support for
> bridging or for multiple interfaces (I don't think it matters which).  I

bridging and captive portal on the same interface do not work
simultaneously at the moment, and i dont think this will change soon.

for captive portal on multiple interfaces, i need to investigate further
to see if it breaks anything else in m0n0wall's existing functionality.
either way, it wont be in the next release.