[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] feature request: dhcp before pptp
 Date:  Tue, 03 Aug 2004 00:04:30 -0600
Dinesh Nair wrote:

>>My understanding of the captive portal feature is that it reroutes HTTP traffic to the captive
portal page and locks out everything else unless I white list the client or the server, is that
correct?

>absolutely right.

Cool, thanks.  I'm glad I got it right...

>>How does DHCP work with a captive portal enabled, do I need to use
>>m0n0wall's DHCP, or can I allow DHCP traffic from my own DHCP server? -- It shouldn't be a problem
to use m0n0wall's for this one interface, but I can't use it globally at this point.

>it doesnt matter how the client got it's IP address. IP address assignment to clients can be DHCP
from m0n0wall, DHCP from another DHCP server or even statically assigned.

I was thinking more along the lines of getting the DHCP traffic to the
captive portal'd network.  I should be able to use m0n0wall's DHCP for
this interface without any difficulty though, so it's a moot point.

--
If you've had half as much fun reading this as I've had writing it,
I've had twice as much fun as you.