[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  John Auld <jxa at minervaplc dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] IPSec - P1 and P2 lifetime values
 Date:  Tue, 3 Aug 2004 10:52:18 +0100
My IPSec URL's are

IPSec background
http://www.sfu.ca/~nickb/dummies/IPSEC.htm

IPSec HOWTO
http://www.x-itec.de/projects/tuts/ipsec-howto.txt

Racoon Bug Report
http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd dash net at freebsd dot org/msg10324.html

Setkey Man Page
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=setkey&sektion=8

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Fleuranceau [mailto:vincent at bikost dot com]
Sent: 03 August 2004 10:11
To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

-------- Original Message --------

> So, could someone explain what are Phase 1 and Phase 2 lifetime
> exactly
> for?

I answer to myself ;-) hoping this could be useful to someone else...

I've found a very interesting article on IPsec on the ONLamp.com
(O'Reilly) web site, written by Dru Lavigne.

The URL is: http://www.onlamp.com/lpt/a/3009

In particular, read the last paragraph: "Phase One and Phase Two".

-- Vincent

DISCLAIMER:This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the
intended recipient(s)") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information
which is privileged, proprietary and/or confidential within the meaning of
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you
have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of this message (including any attachments)
contact the sender of this message as soon as possible. The views or
opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and may not
necessarily be the views held by Azurgroup Limited.